Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Abbreviated Version

Years ago, when I needed a quick study of something, I looked for the "Cliff Notes" version. And when I created class materials or wrote articles, I wanted to say what needed saying with fewer words. Surprising for someone that gets paid to speak at length, and who earns part of her living "power phoning" (conducting teleconferences actually). That said, it amazes me how few words can convey big messages.

I woke up this morning thinking about the power of words...it's like the right words can blossom inside us like a drop of water on a dry sponge. It only takes one drop, sometimes one word, to bloom into a whole-being experience of imagery, sensation, and light inside one's heartmind.

That must be why I named this blog Iris Notes, like my old friend Cliff, my intention is to use few words to share a big message, especially as I will probably be using a Blackberry to write :)

The Parliament in Melbourne is already life-changing for me (and I haven't even started packing yet!) and is world-changing in scope. I hope you enjoy the ride with me.

Let the words be few and the blossom magnificent!

No comments:

Post a Comment